Seeking an independent, compassionate Technician to join our team!
Why Indian Tree Animal Hospital in Arvada, CO?
We’re focused on making sure our hospital has the right tools to allow our doctor and medical staff the ability to provide excellent service and care.In addition to diagnostic and preventative services, our hospital is equipped with digital radiography, digital dental radiography, in-house labs, CO2 laser, cold laser therapy, ultrasound. We also offer acupuncture, orthopedic surgery, and echocardiogram services (through specialists).
Our team is committed to each other and our community. You can find us:
- Volunteering with our sister hospital (5280 Veterinary Care) at Railyard Dog Park each month
- Enjoying frequent staff outings and holiday parties
- Supporting the Indian Tree Companion Animal Fund (ITCAF) — A fund clients can donate to to help with the costs of care for animals whose families are unable to afford treatments
Our team wants you to know…
“I work with an amazing crew from Doctors to technicians to CCR’s. Not only do they bring a smile to my face, they help make my job so much easier and bring a fun aspect to my otherwise serious side. I also enjoy interacting with our clients and sharing in all their sorrows and joys. Though this is a very emotional career filled with many, many stressors, I can’t imagine doing anything else!”
Our Commitment to Diversity:
We are dedicated to establishing a culture that celebrates all forms of diversity and allows us to be an inclusive service provider in this
Who are we looking for?
Applicants must have a strong work ethic, preserve a positive personality, capable of communicating effectively, be able to multi-task efficiently in a fast paced environment, have the ability to work in harmony with a team, possess a well-rounded technical skill set, and have a passion for delivering exceptional care to patients as well as clients.
- Assist the veterinarian in exam rooms and use veterinary software for documenting medical notes
- Perform venipuncture for phlebotomy and catheter placement
- Obtain laboratory sample collection, process and possibly interpret results (fecal/parasite analysis, ear cytology, skin cytology, urinalysis, blood smears)
- Perform diagnostic imaging
- Perform anesthesia
- Prep patients for and assist in surgery
- Perform dental prophies
- Administer vaccines and medications (oral, topical, injectable)
- Fill prescriptions and review directions with clients
- Communicate with and educate clients
- Provide compassionate patient care
We’re dedicated to your well-being and offer a comprehensive package and professional development opportunities to support your work and home life. These include:
- Competitive salary of $17+/hour dependent on experienced
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug benefits for you and eligible dependents
- Paid time off for full-time employees
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education allowance for licensed technicians
- Guardian voluntary benefits
- Great pet benefits
Looking to relocate?
We’re so proud of our four-season city! Head to History Olde Town for a day of shopping, dining and entertainment, or head over to our many hiking, biking, and horseback riding trails (we have 125 miles of them)! If visiting a city is more your thing, Boulder and Denver are both just a stone’s throw away. With so much to do, we promise you’ll never find yourself bored on a weekend or day off!