Seeking an independent, compassionate Technician to join our team!
This opportunity has the opportunity for a sign-on bonus!
Why Fourmile Veterinary Clinic in Cañon City, CO?
We’re focused on making sure our hospital has the right tools to allow our doctor and medical staff the ability to provide excellent service and care. In addition to diagnostic and preventative services, our hospital is equipped with digital radiography and in-house labs. We also offer large/farm animal care and pulmonary arterial pressure (PAP) testing.
We’re involved in our community
We’re committed to our love of the great outdoors, especially in the Fremont area, which is why our hospital and team are proud supporters of FAR. You’ll often find our team using the trails they help preserve and enjoying the events and fundraisers they coordinate in our community.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
We are dedicated to establishing a culture that celebrates all forms of diversity and allows us to be an inclusive service provider in this
Who are we looking for?
Applicants must have a strong work ethic, preserve a positive personality, capable of communicating effectively, be able to multi-task efficiently in a fast paced environment, have the ability to work in harmony with a team, possess a well-rounded technical skill set, and have a passion for delivering exceptional care to patients as well as clients.
- Assist the veterinarian in exam rooms and use veterinary software for documenting medical notes
- Perform venipuncture for phlebotomy and catheter placement
- Obtain laboratory sample collection, process and possibly interpret results (fecal/parasite analysis, ear cytology, skin cytology, urinalysis, blood smears)
- Perform diagnostic imaging
- Perform anesthesia
- Prep patients for and assist in surgery
- Perform dental prophies
- Administer vaccines and medications (oral, topical, injectable)
- Fill prescriptions and review directions with clients
- Communicate with and educate clients
- Provide compassionate patient care
We’re dedicated to your well-being and offer a comprehensive package and professional development opportunities to support your work and home life. These include:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug benefits for you and eligible dependents
- Paid time off for full-time employees
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education allowance for licensed technicians
- Guardian voluntary benefits
- Great pet benefits
Looking to relocate?
Located just 45-minutes away from the big city amenities of Colorado Springs and Pueblo, Canon City allows access to endless outdoor recreation activities. We’re proud to boast 60+ miles of mountain bike and running trails, the finest year-round rock climbing, 102 miles of Gold Medal fishing, millions of acres of public land for hunting, fishing and camping, world class rapids for kayaking and rafting, and a short drive to great downhill skiing.