Animal Hospital of Colorado Springs has an opportunity for a Certified Veterinary Technician to join our team! $500 Sign-On Bonus!
(Must be Certified to be eligible for bonus.)
Address: 1015 Cheyenne Meadows Rd, Colorado Springs, CO 80906
Shift Details: (4) 10-hour shifts Monday-Friday | Rotational Saturdays
What makes our hospital special?
We are 3-doctor AAHA accredited hospital and proud to mention we have a Board-Certified Specialist on staff with great mentorship. The opportunity to work alongside a collaborative team of doctors who are committed to customer satisfaction as well as providing state-of-the-art care our pets! We have 8 beautiful exam rooms with a surgical suite and dental equipped with all the bells and whistles. We have a professional and courteous staff who seeks to provide the best possible medical care, surgical care and dental care for our highly valued patients with state of the art care for our pets!
Benefits and Employee Appreciation Incentives:
- Industry leading pay for you, discounts for your furry friends!
- Medical Benefits package, 401k (match), and a yearly scrub allowance.
- Flexible schedule with a focus on work-life harmony – You’ll get PTO and have the time to use it!
- Free virtual yoga, fitness, and meditation classes for ALL employees!
- Free virtual nutrition and cooking classes for ALL employees!
- Customized learning and developmental opportunities!
2+ years of Certified Veterinary Technician experience required. Certified Veterinary Technician CVT
How you’ll make an impact:
- Provide quality patient care in tandem with other medical professionals.
- Be proficient in a variety of skills ranging from but not limited to: laboratory, pharmacy, radiology, surgery and dentistry.
- Record all pertinent medical, client and case related information in patient files. Review medical records, estimates or discharge instructions with clients.
- Schedule appointments, take payments and check-in clients. Answer practice phone lines.
- Participate in any special cleaning duties and equipment maintenance as directed.
- Support a work environment and culture that values critical thinking, problem solving, engagement, inclusion, and diversity at all levels.
Physical demands and work environment:
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds and lift over 50 pounds with the assistance of a coworker. Requires sufficient ambulatory skills.
- Able to work in noisy work conditions with sounds from animals and equipment that can be moderately high.
- Employee is routinely exposed to a variety of pets that may bite or scratch, and on occasion, exposed to anesthesia, radiation, biological hazards, and medication/controlled substances.
- Fluent in the written and verbal skills necessary to successfully perform the essential functions, duties, and responsibilities of the position. Must be able to exchange accurate information with all clients and team members.
To apply, forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.